Lively famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• It is the business of a general to be serene and inscrutable, impartial and self-controlled.

• Art is the questioning of culture

• I just like the insides of things and finding ways into microscopic worlds. There's also an element of control, taking things apart and putting them back together. It's a very tedious task. You can be alone and create a world for yourself.

• Habits, good or bad, can always be traced back to your own thinking.

• Do not ever threaten an Afghan with violence. We will rise as one and we will face every threat the way we have taken on thousands of previous armies and conquerors.

• Your soul - that inner quiet space - is yours to consult. It will always guide you in the right direction.

• More and more, Democrats are starting to worry they that they have a more um, colorful version of Jimmy Carter on their hands. Obama acts cool as a proverbial cucumber but that awful '70s show seems frightfully close to a rerun.

• Young people voted [on Brexit] to remain by a considerable margin, but were outvoted. They were voting for their future, yet it has been taken from them.

• Communism to me is one-third practice and two-thirds explanation.

• I am like a folk painter. Paint and move ahead.