What It Means To Be Human famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• I enjoy going to Palm Springs when I'm living in Los Angeles.

• Like all predatory or parasitic institutions, the state's first instinct is that of self-preservati on. All its enterprises are directed first towards preserving its own life, and, second, towards increasing its own power and enlarging the scope of its own activity. For the sake of this it will, and regularly does, commit any crime which circumstances make expedient.

• If we give up the notion that everybody’s life is perfect but ours, we would be a lot happier. Nobody’s life is perfect.

• One of the networks sent me a TV set to watch. I didn't care for the medium. It depressed me.

• I see rock music as the best example of modernday storytelling that exists in our society. Songs are narratives that help the listeners cope with the reality of life that can't be easily spoken about in everyday conversation. It is a hugely powerful process of helping people find themselves through music.

• Life is too short to spend your precious time trying to convince the person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise.

• The area where we struggle the most is often the area of our greatest effectiveness

• It's a very complicated issue, this fame thing - I was not really cut out for it. There are some really fantastic things about it, but it's difficult for a private person like myself.

• We need to start acting like a team, focus on winning and not worry about all of the other stuff that goes on. We lost our focus last year. We worried about who was being hired, who was being fired. That's got to change. We don't need any more finger pointing. We need to act like a team.

• I read things like theology, and I read about science, Scientific American and publications like that, because they stimulate again and again my sense of the almost arbitrary given-ness of experience, the fact that nothing can be taken for granted.