Languish famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• So many people around the world have used nonviolence as a way to resolve a conflict that they faced in their lives. And they continue to use it everywhere all over the world there. And I think, in a way, nonviolence is our nature. Violence is not really our nature. If violence was our nature, we wouldn't need military academies and martial arts institutes to teach us how to kill and destroy people. We ought to have been born with those instincts. But the fact that we have to learn the art of killing means that it's a learned experience. And we can always unlearn it.

• The last thing in the world that I would want to know, in my own life, is when I'm going to pass away.

• If there is one sweeping generalization I can make without fear of contradiction, it is that 'change' is the scariest word in the English language Nothing will change in our lives until we change our own behavior. Insight won't do it. Understanding why we do the self-defeating things we do won't make us stop doing them. Nagging and pleading with the other person to change won't do it. We have to act. We have to take the first step down a new road.

• When I awake dramatically I start off my day by reciting aloud a fan letter.

• You can never be too old or too young to be attracted to someone. I still remember my first crush back in grade school.

• We will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters.

• Conditioning is my best weapon.

• My dad always used to tell me that sometimes you have to have a massive storm in order to clear the sky.

• It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ!

• Never letting the competition define you. Instead, you have to define yourself based on a point of view you care deeply about.