Extra Effort famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• When you're young, you haven't the experience, when you're old you haven't the strength.

• I was out training one black night when I heard a noise. I turned around and saw a leopard. I threw some stones at him and he went away, so I went on my way.

• God gives all to those, who get up early.

• Texas Governor Rick Perry now says his wife has been encouraging him to run for President. Remember first he told us God told him to run; now his wife is telling him to run. Of course, the big difference; if you ignore what God says you don't have to hear about it until the afterlife. That's the only difference.

• When youre asked/told to come to Canberra by your Prime Minister, in the country I grow up in, you obey that.

• Wall-to-wall masterpieces, after all, ought to be preferred to wall-to-wall decorative arts, even if the decorative arts are of the highest quality peppered and salted with dukes and tiaras.

• A large family makes you accept sharing your parents.

• The most original thing a writer can do is write like himself. It is also his most difficult task.

• I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago.

• She died with a knife in her hand in her kitchen, where she had cooked for fifty years, and the death was solemnly listed in the newspaper as that of an artist.