Referrals famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• You can't think and hit the ball at the same time.

• I have always felt that the moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there.

• All biologic phenomena act to adjust: there are no biologic actions other than adjustments. Adjustment is another name for Equilibrium. Equilibrium is the Universal, or that which has nothing external to derange it.

• There is no plateau of resting or stabilising. Once you are interested in how things evolve, you have a kind of never-ending perspective, because it means you are interested in articulating the evolution, and therefore the potential change, the potential redefinition.

• Being still at least once a day will enhance your life.

• The gap between verse and poetry is enormous. Between good poetry and good prose the gap is much narrower

• I am a strong, black, lesbian woman. Every time I say it, I feel so much better.

• My picture-poems are linguistic margins on visual atolls.

• Cunning... is but the low mimic of wisdom.

• Be winged arrows aiming at fulfillment and goal.