Connecting The Dots famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• I'd rather send out a mass email then hang posters all over the place

• I think you're going to find out that westerns will be coming back. It's Americana, it's part of our history, the cowboy, the cattle drive, the sheriff, the fight for law, order and justice. Justice will always prevail as far as I'm concerned.

• I love isolation. It's very important for me to have time and space to myself when I can sit and read or write as well as paint. It's all part of the process.

• I grew up in a family of educators - my dad was a professor, my mom was a high school grammar and French teacher - so certainly my entire life education was stressed as incredibly important. And I think especially for my parents, who are both immigrants, and when immigrants come to this country, they understand that education is something that no one can take from them. You might leave the country with absolutely nothing, but no one can take your education from you.

• Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.

• No one really understands a family but the people in it and even they each understand it differently.

• In urging all writers to be steadfast in reliance on the ultimate victory of excellence, we should no less strenuously urge upon them to beware of the intemperate arrogance which attributes failure to a degraded condition of the public mind. The instinct which leads the world to worship success is not dangerous. The book which succeeds accomplishes its aim. The book which fails may have many excellencies, but they must have been misdirected.

• I would love to direct some day. It's a good job for a control freak.

• We are at a moment that some of the Silicon Valley companies are feeling the pressure. These days the founder of Twitter apologized that his company promoted some of the things that elected Donald Trump. You don't see that much of these apologizing from Google. From Mark Zuckerberg you are hearing a little bit more of it, but he is a little more "Oh, well, this is what happens because the internet scaled up and everybody has fake news; oh, we are gonna build a better technology".

• Oftentimes, you read these pilot scripts that come through for American work, and they dont sing to you. Ive got to be honest, not many of them ignite the flame or give you that burning feeling of, Oh, God, I really want to be a part of this.