Careful What You Say famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• Human dignity is more precious than prestige....

• The Sixties are most generously described as a time when people took part - when they stepped out of themselves and acted in public, as people who didn't know what would happen next, but who were sure that acts of true risk and fear would produce something different from what they had been raised to take for granted.

• There's a lot of injustice in the world and it's what I sing about in my music and what I try to confront in my life as an activist.

• You might lose your spontaneity and, instead of composing first-rate Gershwin, end up with second rate Ravel.

• Some people believe in God. I believe in music. Some people pray. I turn up the radio.

• You can take my factories, burn up my buildings, but give me my people and I'll build the business right back again.

• Reality is the scary thing. Not my work, not comedy.

• Well, with the French language, which I understood and spoke, however imperfectly, and read in great quantities, at certain times, the matter I suppose was slightly different from either Latin or Greek.

• You don't go to Gettysburg with a shovel, you don't take belt buckles off the Arizona.

• The best justification governments can find to shut down information is that lives are at risk. In fact, lives have been at risk as a result of the silences and lies revealed in these leaks.