Changing My Life famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• A lot of really good directors have a killer in them, as if they'd do anything to get that image. But that comes with the terrain and I don't mind it.

• Preventing a war is tantamount to winning a war.

• [T]he obverse of facile emotion in the 14th century was a general insensitivity to the spectacle of pain and death.

• Cocktail party: A gathering held to enable forty people to talk about themselves at the same time. The man who remains after the liquor is gone is the host.

• So often we only do what we think is expected of us, when we are capable of so much more.

• I sometimes like to sit in the silence and darkness and listen to my heart shine.

• With me it was that defending the Communist Party was something worse than naming the names. I did not want to remain a martyr to something that I absolutely believed was immoral and wrong. It's as simple as that.

• Is Guinea prepared? And that's the question because of course these three countries had very, very weak health institutions. Many people had said that there was denial in Guinea, that many people in Guinea either said that Ebola did not exist or were hostile to any sort of Ebola health and safety awareness - how to deal with it.

• I went to school and made good grades and went to college. So I was afforded an opportunity through my parents' hard work that most people don't have.

• I have to make myself write, sometimes. In the space between poems, you somehow forget how to do it, where to begin. It was good to be task - based for a while. I just came downstairs each day, picked the one I was going to do that day, and wrote.