Smitten famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• An excellent man, like precious metal, is in every way invariable; A villain, like the beams of a balance, is always varying, upwards and downwards.

• I definitely grew up on a lot of American bands. I didn't really know that there were any decent Australian bands until I was around 20.

• It is not a bad thing to settle for the Little Way, not the big search for the big happiness but the sad little happiness of drinks and kisses, a good little car and a warm deep thigh.

• I don't sort of sit in a chair and pompously feel proud of myself about all the things we might have accomplished.

• Like all valuable commodities, truth is often counterfeited.

• I'm influenced by a lot of filmmakers; I like English filmmakers because I feel a kin to them.

• Jesus, he meets you where you are. Jesus, he heals your secret scars.

• I definitely listened to Lauryn Hill - her's was like the first album I bought myself. Brandy's Never Say Never and Lauryn Hill's The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill were always in rotation for a couple of years.

• I take pride in whatever I do. If you told me to clean the room up, I'd clean it up real good.

• Many of the principle weapons that the Nazis used during World War II had their first trial in combat in Spain - the Messerschmitt 109 fighter plane for example, the Stuka dive bomber, the 88 millimeter artillery piece, which could be used both for antiaircraft purposes and also shelling on the ground. And American soldiers were the victims of these things in Spain, American volunteers. So this war was really a testing ground for Hitler. And he learned a great deal from it about the strengths and weaknesses of these different weapons.