Sisterly famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• I'm continually trying to make choices that put me against my own comfort zone. As long as you're uncomfortable, it means you're growing.

• I don't know if there's a proper way to define toughness in a runner, but I do know that there comes a sudden moment when the mindset shifts. The impossible becomes doable, or at least attemptable. The long run goes from two miles to four to ten to fifteen, until it becomes routine at some point deep in an intense training cycle to knock off a couple hours without giving it a thought.

• The attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, is a prime example. Even though Obama KNEW - from the moment of the assault - that it was a TERRORIST attack, he didn't let the American people know.

• Seem to be telling this, but really telling that. Three-dimensional writing, like three-dimensional chess. Nabokov was the other master of that. You could learn something from Nabokov on every page he ever wrote.

• "One of the governor's complaints: federal rules that prohibit dispensary owners from putting their money in banks. "If you really want to introduce corruption into legal marijuana," he said, make it an all cash business."

• I want people to remember me that I was faithful, faithful to the gospel, faithful to the call that God gave me. And when I get to heaven, I'm going to ask him why he called me, because I was much used to milking cows and working on the farm than I was preaching.

• I'll keep on acting 'til they wipe the drool. I like the business. I like to do different parts and diverse characters. I haven't lost my enthusiasm yet!

• As all mothers know, children travel faster than kisses. The speed of kisses is, in fact, what Doctor Fallow would call a cosmic constant. The speed of children has no limits.

• Only you can decide what is most important in your life.

• Identity is the continuity in a personality that survives through various vicissitudes, through change.