Brighter Future famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• The cookbooks and the writing in general have been a real bonus, but it's not something I've ever pursued... I've been lucky, I guess.

• The worst thing to call somebody is crazy. It's dismissive. "I don't understand this person. So they're crazy." That's bullshit. These people are not crazy. They strong people. Maybe their environment is a little sick.

• To contact the cosmic giggle, to have the flow of casuistry begin to give off synchronistic ripples, whitecaps in the billows of the coincidental ether, if you will. To achieve that, a precondition is a kind of unconsciousness, a kind of drifting, a certain taking-your-eye-off-the-ball, a certain assumptions that things are simpler than they are, almost always precedes what Mircea Eliade called ‘the rupture of plane’ that indicates that there is an archetypal world, an archetypal power behind profane appearances.

• I know what real courage is, and I understand true compassion.

• The dead hand of research lies heavy on too many novels.

• I can't do talk shows, I don't do them, just because I get really nervous and fidgeting and shaky.

• Often I'll find clues to where the story might go by figuring out where the characters would rather not go.

• Therefore, if at great things thou wouldst arrive, Get riches first, get wealth.

• All objects lose by too familiar a view.

• I think I've been a great citizen.