Shame On Me famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• Being the first to cross the finish line makes you a winner in only one phase of life. It's what you do after you cross the line that really counts.

• I think some people think I'm a smarty-pants. Some people think I'm intense, some people think I'm super-esoteric and nuts.

• When you have done your best with what you know how to do best - and people everywhere look at you with a friendly smile.

• Of all the duties enjoined by Christianity none is more essential and yet more neglected than prayer.

• We learn to dwell with God by learning the practices of hospitality, listening, forgiveness, and reconciliation- the daily tasks of life with other people. Stability in Christ is always stability in community

• I took a bottle of pills. I'd been in Europe and I had a lot of absinthe and I was just drinking and drinking, trying to, you know, just shut my body down.

• A great man need not be virtuous, nor his opinions right, but he must have a firm mind, a distinctive luminous character.

• People sometimes talk about the power of first impressions, and believe me, there is truth to it.

• Equity knows no difference of sex. In its vocabulary the word man must be understood in a generic, and not in a specific sense.

• Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received - only what you have given: a full heart, enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage.