Fortuna famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• Self-conquest is really self-surrender. Yet before we can surrender ourselves we must become ourselves. For no one can give up what he does not possess.

• It's better to die laughing than to live each moment in fear.

• I am never a stranger anywhere I go, and it gives me the opportunity to choose my habitat by literally throwing a dart at a globe. The freedom that permits one to feel welcome where ever the hang their hat cannot be overstated.

• Growing up in Wales was a pretty Draconian experience with religion.

• Sometimes I'd go [in British accent] "Uhh, brilliant! Absolutely brilliant, thank you. Wonderful. Cheers!" I do say "cheers" automatically," from living over there. I say "cheers" to everything.

• If you are still breathing, you have a second chance.

• There are sufficient resources in the world for the needs of everybody, but not enough for the greed of even a significant minority.

• When I was trying to create this so-called Lav Diaz verité, it just happened. At some point, I became very comfortable with the one frame, with the single take. It just happened. I didn't plan it. I was looking for my own aesthetic, my own perspective, my own voice, and it happened.

• And when I went to Houston, they had a conditioning coach by the name of Gene Coleman. And that was the first time I had gone to an organization that had a program with a weight room and designed specifically for pitchers.

• Most small-business owners will tell you they don't want Obama 'boosting' them. They just want him to get out of the way.