Coughing famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• Youth is a circumstance you can't do anything about. The trick is to grow up without getting old.

• Indianapolis, Indiana is the first place in the United States of America where a white man was hanged for the murder of an Indian. The kind of people who'll hang a white man for murdering an Indian--that's the kind of people for me.

• In tears I tossed my coin from Trevi's edge. A coin unsordid as a bond of love-- And, with the instinct of the homing dove, I gave to Rome my rendezvous and pledge. And when imperious Death Has quenched my flame of breath, Oh, let me join the faithful shades that throng that fount above.

• It's easy for me to care about Toronto, because Toronto is a community that cares about itself. It represents the world. It talks to itself, and because it does, it figures out that there must be a music garden as part of its existence.

• Obedience to the will of God is the pathway to perpetual honor and everlasting joy.

• One man's poison ivy is another man's spinach.

• In music I feel most deeply the passing of things.

• What better can parents and children give to each other than respectful, understanding attention.

• There are two distinct classes of men - those who pay taxes and those who receive and live upon taxes.

• Those who rhapsodize about the ease and joy of childhood have perhaps forgotten what it's like to be 12 years old.