Times Of Trouble famous quotes

Last updated: Sep 5, 2024

• It does not take much to imagine the humanity of people you don't know. An American author does not need to know a word of Arabic to write a book like the one I wrote.

• The coaches today should realize that they are, after all, working with children who sometimes have to stand up to physical and moral stresses which not even all grown-ups could bear.

• The Christian is not always praying; but within his bosom is a heaven-kindled love--fires of desire, fervent longings--which make him always ready to pray, and often engage him in prayer.

• Contempt is the weapon of the weak and a defense against one's own despised and unwanted feelings.

• Twitter is a place where I can let people know what type of person I am, and I got some good feedback from it. More good than bad, so it's a good outlet to let people know who I am.

• Funeral by funeral, theory advances.

• Reading is a mighty engine, beside which steam and electricity sink into insignificance.

• But I don't feel sad about it. Because Mother is dead. And because Mr. Shears isn't around anymore. So I would be feeling sad about something that isn't real and doesn't exist. And that would be stupid.

• It's destiny! Perhaps it is the energy that pulls on the threads and, well, I'm just leaving it as it is meant to be.

• There's something strange about this big pink bunny...